Now there is a way your surplus computers can be used to promote community outreach for your business. You can convert old computers, servers, cell phones, etc. into public education funding and have all of your data security concerns addressed, at little or no expense to your business, through our E-Scholar Program.
Depending on how much ewaste your company generates, you can partially or wholly fund an E-Scholar. No contribution is too small. We are working directly with the Durham, Chapel Hill - Carrboro and Orange County Public Schools Career and Technical Education programs and charge the schools and students nothing for this training. The goal of the program is to provide practical experience for high school juniors and seniors who are going on to engineering in college or are ready to work in local businesses and organizations – perhaps yours!
We are looking for commitments of surplus computers only - not money – to fund this important work.
Some components of the program are:
- Participation of the Durham, Chapel Hill - Carrboro and Orange County Public Schools.
- Professional curriculum teaching hands-on computer repair and refurbishing, ewaste recycling and sustainable business practices.
- Extensive "soft skills" training in a real work environment.
- High school students are selected by their technology teachers to participate.
- Refurbished computers are provided for those in need, donated to charity or sold to bridge the Digital Divide and support the program.
- Job search, training and placement assistance are provided.
Triangle Ecycling's Mission to Help Raise Awareness of Career and Technical Education Opportunities and Reduce the Public High School Dropout Rate: Read more...
To learn more or discuss participating, please call 919-414-3041 or email.